The World Senior Teams Championships for players above 50 and above 65 years of age, will take place from 18th – 29th September 2023 in Struga, Ohrid Lake, North Macedonia.
The championships will be held in 9 rounds, played in the Swiss system following the FIDE Regulations. According to FIDE rules, the time control will be 90 minutes for 40 moves plus 30 minutes for the rest of the game with an increment of 30 seconds per move, starting from move one.
Each Chess Federation member of FIDE is allowed to register teams in this competition. According to the regulations, participation is open to:
- There shall be two categories, age 50+ and age 65+, with separate events for women.
- The player must have reached or reached the required age during the year of competition.
- There shall be separate Women’s Championship(s) if there are at least ten teams from at least two continents. Otherwise, women’s teams play in Open competition.
- The Championships are open tournaments for teams registered by their federation. FIDE member federations shall have the right to send as many teams as they wish.
- Organizer provides free board and lodging (2 double rooms and one single room with bath and/or shower per team) for the defending champions.
- The winning team obtains the title “World Team Champion “ age 50+ (or age 65+).
- The best-placed women’s team obtains the title “World Women Team Champion” age 50+ (or age 65+).
Every federation that intends to participate with one or more teams must inform the Organizing Committee before July 31st, 2023, of its acceptance of the invitation, specifying the number of teams participating.
Registration forms must be completed and returned to the Organizing Committee’s email email@example.com no later than July 31st, 2023.
The complete registration form must include SURNAME/s, FIRSTNAME/s, FIDE_ID number, FIDE_RATING and FIDE_TITLE, and PASSPORT_NUMBER of each player. It must also include the name and telephone/email/fax number of the Chief of Delegation and the person in charge of the Club. The Organizing Committee will contact each of the Teams to confirm the registration and booking.
On the following link, you can check if you need a visa to enter North Macedonia. https://www.mfa.gov.mk/en/page/31/do-you-need-a-visa
A payment of 100 EUR per person and 30% of the total hotel cost is necessary to be made to the following bank account for confirmation of participation and hotel reservations (bank charges on the sender’s side):
Account holder name (Beneficiary): Chess Club KAPABLANKA Skopje
Address: Kosta Novakovic 7/01-2, Skopje, Republic of North Macedonia
Bank Swift code (BIC): TUTNMK22
Bank name: NLB Banka Skopje
With Payment Instructions = OUR
The foreign bank commissions must be paid by the sender. Please, follow the above instructions, If not, the respective amount will be charged and should be paid in full before the end of the second round.
After payment, copy of the bank transfer should be sent to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The teams shall be composed of four (4) players and one (1) reserve.
The total prizes value of 10.000 Euros will be distributed as follows:
Open Senior 50+
Women Senior 50+
Open Senior 65+
Women Senior 65+